Personal training has the word “personal” in it. I think that’s the biggest part. On the surface you would think it’s more about how much knowledge you have but it’s not the case. Much of your job is about helping your client change their habits. You should have the maturity to be able to have honest discussions. Knowing when to be hard and when to be soft.
Not everyone has the compassion to make a great trainer. In order to become a great trainer you have to be a good listener. You need to be able to pull information from people and not be scared of being open and honest with your clients. When you’re honest, you let them know that you expect the same.
- Love people and you gain energy from being around them
- Love health and fitness and what it does to people
- Find joy in helping others
Personal training might just be the perfect fit.
On the flip side, if:
- Being around people drains your energy
- You don’t take care of yourself
- Helping people doesn’t satisfy you
Personal training will not be a good fit.
Sign up for our free 5 day mini course